ADVERTISING

Anytime I get to go out on the NaPali Coast, even if for play, I have this strong pull inside of me to bring my camera. I typically don'...

NaPali Cruising


Anytime I get to go out on the NaPali Coast, even if for play, I have this strong pull inside of me to bring my camera. I typically don't bring my camera unless I'm getting paid to do so. It's my full time job and it's nice to be present for amazing moments rather than trying to frame them. I brought it this time obviously; or else you wouldn't be reading this. I was showing my parents, who flew in for Lucia's first birthday, the majestic NaPali coast by sea (thanks to Holo Holo Charters) so I didn't bring the gear out until we were basically at Polihale where the "coast of many cliffs" begins. 
I was glad I did. I managed to capture a whale breaching in front of Lehua Rock just off the west side of Kauai. They were breaching all day but it's so difficult to photograph unless you are right up on them. This one I got lucky with. Something told me to point my lens toward Lehua and was trying to steady my horizon line with the rocking boat when this one emerged (entire sequence below). Here are a few beautiful images from the afternoon. I still consider these failing to capture the true beauty of this place. 







































0 comments: